Thursday 4 April 2013

Ssh. I'm having a break.

You may have noticed (or you may not) that my blog has been a bit quiet of late.

This has had a lot to do with the fact that my day job has been very busy leaving less time to go home from work, turn on the laptop and spend another few hours typing. I also, in case you missed it, put on a massive great big Women's Literature Festival which took up some of my time.

But perhaps the biggest interruption has been that, for the first time in years, I've hit upon a fiction idea that I really want to tell and develop and bring to life. And so, rather than getting up early on Saturday and writing a blogpost, I've been getting up early and immersing myself in a story. It's great, I love it.

I've been blogging for seven years now, before that I wrote my zine, and so I think I have earned a little rest to have a go at writing something else.

However, I am still an angry feminist writer and so this blog is not closing, just going on standby for a bit. And knowing me, I'll probably write posts sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, my first published foray into fiction is now available. Here's what it looks like:


Greta and Boris: a daring rescue is available to buy on Amazon, on Kindle, at Guardian Books, at Foyles and in the physical shop of Foyles, Bristol. And other places too I'm sure. That's just as far as I looked. 

So. I will be back. But in the meantime, I'll be writing. 

No comments: